Monday, November 19, 2012

I need to learn some self control...

Today I was going to write a "what I'm thankful for" but that will have to wait. I have this problem (see 100 Things #97). When I go to Target I usually have the intention to buying one or two things and then somehow, $75+, later I walk out with a ton of stuff that I didn't really need but just could leave with out. And the worst part is that I usually end up forgetting to get the what I went for in the first place!

Here is a perfect example:

Today I went to Target to buy one thing, the new Taylor Swift CD for my car ride to my grandfather's tomorrow. When it first came out I didn't plan on buying it but after I saw her performance on the AMA's last night I knew I had to go get it.


Well somehow I ended up in the Christmas section and then somehow I ended up with this in my basket.


Yes. Thats a mini Christmas tree and it was only $8. Let me tell you that price was a trap! Because when you buy a mini Christmas tree then you just have to buy a cute mini tree skirt, a mini string of lights, mini ornaments, and a mini tree topper to go with it! Between my Christmas decor impulse purchases and a few other exam-time essentials, bye bye $75+! And that's the story of why I need to learn some self control. Good news though... I didn't forget the Taylor Swift CD and I had a mini Christmas tree to decorate when I got home!





No comments:

Post a Comment