Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving Recap

In the middle of the woods down a long dirt road in the middle of Alabama...


... sits a little wooden house ...


... where 92 people and 4 generations of the Farley family gathered for a great big Thanksgiving feast! Yes, that's right... 92 people! And that little wooden house sits close to the spot where my great-grandfather, Papa Farley, built a house many many years ago. That house isn't there anymore but the land is still in the family and we gather there at"the old place" for special holidays. I love that land! And love that my family has such a special place to be together! There is so much family history there!  

It was a wonderful day! Full of family, a fun photo booth, and lots and lots of food! 

My Papa with all of his grandchildren and 2 of his 4 great-grands!

Silly cousins in the photo booth!

It was Paul's first Thanksgiving spent with my family!

We spent the rest of the weekend at my grandfather's house. It was filled with family time... 


... Christmas Cookies ...


...and little girl dance parties to Call Me Maybe! 

I probably should have been studying but how can you resist those sweet little faces begging for "Jenn-fo" to come and play! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday! Now its back to studying for real this time! International Law... I will learn you by next Monday's exam! Thank goodness I have yummy leftovers to get me through! 

We did our "Russell" family Thanksgiving dinner on Saturday so there were plenty of leftovers for me to take back to Atlanta!


No comments:

Post a Comment